The sun is the source of solar energy. Solar panels which are also called “PV panels” are utilized in converting light from a great source, the sun into electricity which is used to give power to electrical roads. The popular Gold Coast solar panel is used in different applications which include power systems for cabins, remote sensing, telecommunications equipment, and electricity production by commercial and residential solar systems.
3 primary technologies that harness solar energy:
- Photovoltaics (PV)
PV devices produce electricity straight from the sunlight through an electronic procedure that naturally occurs in some materials called semiconductors. PV devices can give power to many things like calculators, road signs, large commercial trades, and home.
Types of PV technology:
- Thin-film PV – fast-growing with a small portion of the solar market. They are less efficient but are cheaper compared to c-Si modules.
- Concentrating PV – uses mirrors and lenses to reflect solar energy into cells that are highly efficient. It requires tracking systems and direct sunlight to maximize its effectiveness.
- BIPV or building-integrated photovoltaics are used as the external layer of the building and produce electricity for use on-site.
- Solar Heating and Cooling (SHC)
SHC technologies collect thermal energy to give hot water, cooling, space heating, as well as heating pools for residential, industrial, and commercial applications.
- Concentrating Solar Power (CSP)
CSP uses energy from the sun to drive steam turbines that produce electricity. The energy that is collected in a Concentrating Solar Power plant is kept and used to create electricity when needed in the day or night.
Assurance of solar quality
To increase the confidence of investors and the viability of solar technologies in the long-term, it is crucial to establish best practices in the installation of the PV system and its operation.
There are best practices guides for residential portfolios and industrial and commercial portfolios. These practices aim to provide financial and technical guidance to enhance the transparency of solar asset for rating agencies and investors, provide a framework to assure quality management, and reduce the cost of transaction in the solar securitization process.
Using solar energy is a great advantage to consumers. It is a practical way to create electricity for various applications.