Buying a motorcycle is a huge investment. Biking enthusiasts looking to cut costs can opt for buying used motorcycles. Most of the dealers of new motorcycles also offer used motorcycles for interested customers. Bike buyers can also opt to buy used bikes from private sources or the bike owners themselves.
Here are some tips to help you buy a used Moto Guzzi on sale from the bike owner.
- Ask the owner of the Moto Guzzi for sale, not to crank up the engine beforehand. A warm engine hides many defects of a motorcycle e It is always recommended to inspect the engine when it is cold. It helps to identify the weak links in the machine.
- Research the different parts of the motorcycle before going to inspect the motorcycle on sale. If you are not an expert, ask a trusted mechanic or professional to accompany you. It is very crucial to inspect all the parts of the used Moto Guzzi for sale very closely, as any problems that surface after you have purchased the vehicle will cost too much to repair.
- Respect the motorcycle owners time and arrive to inspect the machine on time. Do not waste time by asking unnecessary questions. Remember the owner of the bike has an emotional connection with it and have reasons for asking a discount on the price.
- Research about the prevailing price of the Moto Guzzi for sale in the market. Visit some dealers and know the price of the new bike and old bikes of the same model. This will help you to get an idea about the average price of similar bikes in the market and help you to bargain the price with the owner.
- Do not get pressurized into buying the motorcycle. Take your time to inspect the vehicle, ask questions and make an informed choice.
- Ask the owner of Moto Guzzi for sale, for all the required paperwork and other documents. He should be able to provide all the original documents of the bike and its service records. Match the number of the bike with the number mentioned in the documents. The number, colour and other specifications should exactly match with the details provided in the document.