There is no escaping technology because it is everywhere we go. It has been embedded in our daily lives that it would be impossible to think about a day without technology. It is inevitable that educational institutions like international school in Bangkok will also utilize these technologies to improve teaching and classroom experience for the students.
The problem is that majority of schools are not able to employ technology because of two major reasons. The first one is that some schools are not sure about using mobile devices because they view this form of learning tool as a burden and the second reason is that despite having mobile devices, some schools do not have the best Wi-Fi networks that can support these technologies.
There are many reasons why technology should be implemented inside the classroom and here are some of them:
- As long as used properly, mobile devices coupled with the right applications will be a tool in preparing the students achieve the careers they want in the future
- With the help of technology, the students are able to connect with their instructors regardless of their learning styles
- Technology presents a chance for the interaction between the students and the teachers to get better through more collaborations
- When technology is used while inside the classroom, the digital citizenship knowledge and skills of the students are improved through the guidance the educators. While the students may already know how to use mobile devices, teachers will help them learn how to be responsible in handling technology the right way.
- Engagement is another benefit of technology inside the classroom. The new generation of students are already attached to technology the moment they are born therefore it is only logical to use technology in a way that they want but through learning.
- Learning experience can be brought to another level as shown by an international school in Bangkok for using virtual technology together with traditional means of teaching. This will open up new opportunities for the students and teachers as they find ways to improve the classroom environment.